Monday, April 19, 2010

Crock Pot Mac &Cheese

My sister hosted a recipe exchange on Friday night and everyone brought copies of seven or more recipes to give to everyone else who was there. I made use of the recipes to make Crock Pot Mac&Cheese last night and it was SO good! I doubled the recipe and changed a couple of things but I’ll give you the original and then my version.
  • 8oz of your favorite pasta
  • 1 egg (beaten)
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup butter (melted)
  • 12oz can evaporated milk
  • 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese
  • 1 1/2 cups Milk
  1. Cook the pasta
  2. Place all the ingredients in the crock pot on low for 3 hours
I doubled the recipe as I like pasta as my main dish, not my side dish. I used 3 eggs because there were three eggs left and I didn’t want one to feel lonely. I didn’t melt my butter before hand, I figured the heat of the freshly cooked pasta would melt it for me. I only had one 14oz can of evaporated milk. I used 4 cups of cheese as 6 cups seemed like way too much. I used slightly less than 3 cups of milk. I also didn’t have enough time to cook it for 3 hours so I cooked it for 1.5 hours on low and .5hours on high. It turned out quite nicely. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment