Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Almond Cinnamon Rolls

IMG_4964
I was making cinnamon rolls the other day and thought I’d switch them up a bit. So I made Almond Cinnamon Rolls. I used sour dough bread for the rolls but they didn’t turn out as light as I like them, so I’m just going to cover the filling and you can choose your own dough recipe.

  • 4TBS of butter
  • 2 tsp almond extract
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 3 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 2 tsp ground nutmeg
 
  1. Roll dough out to 1/4 inch thick rectangle.
  2. Melt butter and add almond extract to it.
  3. Drizzle butter mixture onto rolled out dough
  4. Mix brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg together and sprinkle on top of the doughIMG_4957
  5. Roll dough into a long log and cut into pieces as big as you’d like.
  6.  IMG_4959
  7. Place in greased baking dish, cover and let it rise for an hour or two
  8. Bake in a pre-heated oven set at 350 for 25 minutes or until lightly golden brown on top (more or less depending on your choice of dough)
  9. Let cool for about 5 minutes then flip the rolls onto a plate.

For the icing you will need
  • Icing sugar
  • Milk
  • Almond extract
I don’t remember how much I used of any of those. But just keep adding until the taste and consistency are how you like them, then drizzle the icing on the rolls. Yum!
IMG_4965 

I have a feeling these would taste great with Almond pieces in them, but I didn't have any when I was baking...

No comments:

Post a Comment