Saturday, April 24, 2010

Sweet Tea

IMG_5846
I LOVE the sweet tea  they serve at Cracker Barrel and I finally decided to make some. I found this recipe and it’s really good. The baking soda kind of scared me but it works. Trust me!

  • just under 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 2 cups boiling water
  • 6 regular tea bags (or 4 big ones)
  • 3/4 cup white sugar (or some honey to taste)
  • 6 cups cool water (or less depending on how strong you like it. I found 6 diluted it too much)
Directions
  1. Boil water and sugar together.
  2. Sprinkle baking soda into a 64-ounce pitcher, add tea bags and boiling sugar water. Cover, and allow to steep for 15 minutes.
  3. Remove tea bags, and discard; Pour in cool water, then refrigerate until cold.
  4. I recommend tasting it as you put the cold water in so you don’t over dilute!

No comments:

Post a Comment