Monday, March 15, 2010

Olive Oil Dip


I made Ciabatta Bread for dinner tonight and my sister suggested I make an oil based dip for it. So I looked up a few recipes and invented!

  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
  • 1/8 cup mixed herbs I  used a mixture of chives, rosemary, basil, thyme and Italian seasoning.
  • 1 or 2 garlic cloves - minced
  • 1/8 cup Parmesan Cheese
  1. Pour the olive oil into a bowl and mix in the herbs, balsamic vinegar and minced garlic (I put everything in a food processor for a few seconds)
  2. Refrigerate until ready to serve (make at least 30 minutes ahead of time but not more than two hours ahead of time, I read that's not a good idea)
  3. Right before serving mix in the Parmesan
Everything can be adjusted to your taste. My sister added some salt to hers and I think it tastes better with a bit of salt in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment