Thursday, May 13, 2010

Tomato and Olive Pasta

IMG_6047
I decided to make this last night and then realized I was missing some of the ingredients so I improvised.
  • Salt and pepper
  • About a pound of short pasta
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 2 garlic cloves thinly sliced*
  • 1/4 lb cherry tomatoes halved or quartered
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 1/4 cup kalamata olives – pitted and sliced**
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley***
  • 1/4 Parmesan cheese
  1. Cook the pasta until tender (I put 1/2TBS of garlic powder in the water)
  2. While the pasta is cooking heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat (if using garlic cloves put them in the oil and cook for about a minute until golden stirring occasionally)
  3. Add the cherry tomatoes, oregano, red pepper flakes 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper
  4. Reduce the heat to low and cook for about 3 minutes until the tomato juices run
  5. Add the pasta, olives, parsley and Parmesan (if using garlic powder add the other 1/2 TBS too) to the skillet, mix and serve hot.
*I had to use about 1TBS of garlic powder as we had no cloves so I put half in the water with the pasta and half in at step 5
**we had no kalamata olives so I just used the normal green ones
***We don’t have fresh parsley and I couldn’t find the dried parsley so I didn’t use any.
My parents and brother loved this dish as did I. It was quite tasty even though it was improvised and 4 of us finished what should have fed 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment