Sunday, March 7, 2010

Buttermilk Bicuits


A couple of weeks ago I was craving Cracker Barrel biscuits and I found a recipe for them on CopyKat and having just made them, I'm quite pleased with the recipe.

  • 2 1/4 C. Bisquick Mix
  • 2/3 C. Buttermilk
  • 1 tsp. Sugar
  • 1 Tbsp. Butter, melted

  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. (I think that is too hot, I did this and the bottoms browned before the middle was done cooking, I'd say do it at 350 or 400 for about 15 minutes)
  2. Mix first three ingredients together, add melted butter and stir ingredients until soft dough forms. 
  3. Knead 20 times on a surface lightly dusted with flour then form into 9 balls. 
  4. Place biscuits in a 8x8 baking dish and slightly flatten
  5. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. *see note on step one
I like to put melted butter on my biscuits as soon as they are done baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment