Saturday, March 13, 2010

Jelly and Cream Cheese Shells


Almost a year ago my dear friend Michelle and I went to Arizona together in search of an adventure. We certainly had an adventure! We hiked a mountain, I almost stepped on a rattlesnake, we spent a day in Sedona and at the Grand Canyon and Michelle broke her leg. But none of that has to do with cooking, and this is a blog of food. While I was in Sedona, I picked up a jar of Prickly Pear Jelly and I just opened it today. IT'S SO GOOD! It's rather sweet but that's how I like my Jelly. I decided to make something but I didn't know what so I wandered into the kitchen for inspiration. I ended up making some jelly and cream cheese filled biscuits.  



  • 2 1/4 cups Bisquick mix
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • 4oz cream cheese
  • 8 tsp Jam/Jelly

1. Preheat oven to 405
2. Mix together Bisquick mix and milk
3. Knead and add a bit more mix so the dough is no longer sticky
4. Roll into a log and cut into 8 pieces


5. Roll each piece into a thin circle
6. Place each circle into a cupcake pan
7. Put 1/2 oz of cream cheese in each shell

8. Place 1tsp of jelly on top of cream cheese

9. Pinch the extra dough together


10. Bake for 12-15 minutes

I want to try these again but with pastry as I think a lighter dough may go better.

2 comments:

  1. They look delicious Esther and you have given me yet another reason to travel to Arizona one day. I have to get some original Arizona Cactus grown Prickly Pear Jelly **Pati

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh yummy yummy! That jelly has gone to good use. :)

    - Michelle

    ReplyDelete