A couple of days ago whilst Stumbling I came across a recipe for One-Minute Bread. The titled had me intrigued and I had to know just how one can make bread in 60 seconds. Well, obviously you can't have the finished product in 60 seconds, but you can mix all the ingredients in that amount of time.
You will need:
- 2 cups warm water
- 1/4 tsp dry yeast
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- Mix the yeast and warm water in a large bowl.
- Add the flour and salt and mix with a spoon until well mixed.
- Cover with plastic wrap or a dish towel and place somewhere safe for 8-12 hours. I left mine for 5 hours and it turned out nicely.
- Preheat the oven to 400
- Gently pour the dough onto a greased cookie sheet and sprinkle the top with dried oregano, basil, and rosemary.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes depending on how crisp you like the crust.
We ate this bread for dinner with an Olive Oil dip. It was rather tasty!
*I just have to add a note, my sister, her two boys and I ate half the loaf at dinner. Jessica's husband came in from work and ate the other half. If he eats that much of something, it's good.